Are you an aspiring RAS officer?
If yes, then you have come to the right place. Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) is the most sought-after job post in Rajasthan. RPSC organizes the RAS Exam to select eligible candidates for a myriad of administrative positions in Rajasthan. RPSC RAS is a lucrative career option, and a handsome amount of salary is given to the RAS officer. In this article, we will be discussing all the details about RAS salary, including salary structure, allowances, advantages, and the responsibilities that this post brings to an individual.
Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC), founded in 1949, is an organization led by the State government of Rajasthan. They also regulate recruitment services for various posts such as RPS and RTS in Rajasthan. Every Civil Services Examination is carried out in three stages: Prelims, Mains, and Interview.
However, before explaining further about RAS, you must be wondering how to prepare for the RAS exam? I will highly recommend this institute: The Thought Tree (T3). T3 is one of the best coaching for RAS in Jaipur, Rajasthan. They have academic experts and professionals who combine academic theory with practical experience and industry knowledge, providing quality learning experiences and sharing their knowledge with the students.
RPSC RAS Officer Salary
RPSC RAS Salary can be calculated using the following formula:
Total Salary = Basic Pay + Grade Pay + DA (Dearness Allowance) + Other allowances
The monthly salary of a RAS officer varies per the different posts. The RPSC RAS salary has a pay scale that ranges from Rs 33,500 to Rs 66,000. Pay scales have different positions; the information regarding grade pay is:
- The pay scale ranging from 15,600 – 39,100 (5400 as Grade Pay), therefore the monthly salary of a RAS officer respectively is 60,000 – 65,000 (might differ in accordance with allowance), comprising of jobs from several employment divisions which consists RAS, RLS (Lekha Seva), RRDS (service for rural development), RPS, RWCDS (Child and women development), RWDS (Women development) services.
- Pay scale ranging from 9300 – 34,800 (4800 as Grade Pay), therefore the monthly salary of a RAS officer respectively is 39,000 – 44,500 for providing services in RCTs (Commercial Tax), RES (Employment services), RPS (Planning services), RTS (Tourism Services), RJS (Jail services), RTS (Transport services), RDS (Devasthan Services), RFCs (Civil and food supplies), RSS (State subordinate) and RCS (Co-operative) Services.
- The pay scale ranging from 9300 – 34,800 (4200 as Grade Pay), therefore the monthly salary of a RAS officer respectively is 34,500 – 41,500 for providing services in RTS (Tahasildar services), RSJES (Empowerment and Social Justice services), RWCDS (Child and women development subordinate services) and RES (Employment subordinate services).
- Pay scale ranging from 9300 – 34,800 (3600 as Grade Pay), therefore the monthly salary of a RAS officer respectively is 32,500 – 37,500 for providing services in RSDS (Devasthan Subordinate), RCTS (Subordinate services for commercial Tax), RES (Subordinate – Excise), RFCs ( Civil supplies and Food subordinate) services.
Aside from the salary, there are certain advantages that a RAS officer gets:
- Service vehicle
- Reimbursement of Internet, Telephone, mobile, and electricity expenses
- Study leaves
- Pension After retirement
RAS Professional Advancement:
The monthly salary of a RAS officer increases when they get a promotion. Furthermore, the allowances and other benefits also increase equally. The Rajasthan Government fixes the time frame for promotion, and the first promotion is given to the officer after 9 to 10 years of service.
The Bottom Line
After becoming a RAS officer, your dream will come true, and your parents and friends will be super proud of your achievements. Keep in mind that along with a handsome salary and advantages, it comes with a plethora of responsibilities. As a RAS officer, you will get supreme authority and conduct revenue administration and maintenance of law and order.
If you don’t know how to prepare for the RAS Exam, connect with The Thought Tree (T3).
So, to wrap it up, I hope that this article was helpful to you and encouraged you to accomplish your goal of becoming a RAS officer.