Do you know why we call the earth the mother earth? We are born here, live here and die here and end up in the soil. Earth takes care of us like a mother, where it gives us food and shelter to live. We should respect the earth as our mother. This International Yoga Day, we all should respect the earth with Bhunamanasana. Bhunamanasana is also known as Earth Pose, as you pay homage or bow to the earth while performing the exercise. This asana holds great significance as it helps to connect with our motherland, which is responsible for our lives. Also, this mudra is an exercise to make the body physically and mentally strong while increasing the emotional connection. Let us give you more information about Bhunamanasana Yoga.
Bhunamanasana: Brings flexibility to the spine and makes it strong:
- Bhoo Naman Asana is called Greeting The Earth Pose, Spinal Twist Prostration Pose in English. This asana is one of the seated asanas. Bhumanasana is made up of two words Bhu and Naman in which Bhu means land and Naman means to bow.
- Bhoo Naman asana acts for various glands in the body, mainly on the thyroid gland, and is considered a good asana to open the third eye chakra or Ajna chakra.
- The practice of Bhu Naman asana improves the flexibility of the shoulders and neck as well as helps in strengthening the chest muscles.
- This asana is also beneficial for getting relief from sciatica, know how to do Bhunamanasana and its benefits.
Method of doing Bhunamanasana:
- To do this asana, first lay a mat. Then sit on the mat and spread your legs towards the front.
- Take care that your spine remains straight.
- Now keep the hands on the thighs.
- While inhaling, straighten the arms and raise them forward to shoulder height.
- After this, while exhaling, keep the back straight and tilt the torso slightly backward as well as bend to the left.
- Now put your hands behind the body on the floor.
- After this, bend your arms and bring your head towards the floor.
- Your legs and body come in a straight line.
- Keep in mind that the right buttocks should be near the floor.
- Now while inhaling, bring the arms straight and again come towards the front.
- After that, while exhaling, come back to your starting position.
- After that do this whole process from the other side as well.
- Bhoo Naman asana brings flexibility and strength to the lumbar region of the spine.
- Regular practice of this asana strengthens the leg muscles.
- Regular practice of Bhu Naman Asana improves digestion.
- Bhoo Naman asana is very beneficial for improving the functions of various internal organs.
- This asana helps in reducing the excess belly fat by toning the abdominal muscles.
- If a person has slipped a disc, then he should not do this asana.
- Pregnant women and menstruating women should not do this asana.
- People who have stomach ulcers should also stay away from this asana.
- If someone has a problem with migraine, blood pressure, and hernia, then he should also not do this asana.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn a 200 hour yoga teacher training in Goa, India.